Dedicated to mental health
The Dabrowski Center is a nonprofit organization with a central mission of actively promoting mental health through the application, exploration, research, and dissemination of the Theory of Positive Disintegration.
Given a definition of mental health as the development of the personality, we can say that all individuals who present active development in the direction of a higher level of personality (including most psychoneurotic patients) are mentally healthy” – Kazimierz Dąbrowski
We are dedicated to the advancement of the Theory of Positive Disintegration through advocacy, education, and innovation.
- Creating and curating a library of relevant and useful materials
- Providing access and links to supportive services
- Cultivating connections and community
Values are at the heart of the Theory of Positive Disintegration, and we want to continue this at the Dabrowski Center by placing values at the heart of our organisation.
Our nine values reflect how we hope to achieve our aims, and the ways in which we want to ethically work and interact with our community, through supportive and authentic relationships.
- Truthful – We strive for accurate representation and preservation of Dabrowski’s work and to deal with people in a straightforward, and kind manner.
- Authentic – We will be authentic in our speech and actions, and in our desire to promote mental health and help others. We maintain this desire to help others as our primary focus.
- Inclusive – We are inclusive of everyone, and affirming of their identity and personal experiences. We stand against bigotry, harassment, and discrimination.
- Kindness – We strive to act in a way which seeks to do no harm. We will act with altruism, humanity, and promote the good of others.
- Connection – We aim to bring people together, and forge a community based on respect and friendship.
- Honorable – We act in an ethical manner, with integrity, fairness, and transparency, and speak up against those who do not.
- Supportive – We support people in their educational journey, making information accessible and available, and providing ways for people to seek guidance and help.
- Encouraging – We will encourage people who seek new ways to explore, present, research, and work with the theory of positive disintegration.
- Bold – We will be bold, brave, and innovative in our mission to bring the theory of positive disintegration to the world in new ways!